Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Reassurance Through Declaration

John 21:15-17
15When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, "Simon son of John, do you truly love me more than these?"
"Yes, Lord," he said, "you know that I love you."
Jesus said, "Feed my lambs."

16Again Jesus said, "Simon son of John, do you truly love me?"
He answered, "Yes, Lord, you know that I love you."
Jesus said, "Take care of my sheep."

17 The third time he said to him, "Simon son of John, do you love me?"
Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, "Do you love me?" He said, "Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you."

Jesus said, "Feed my sheep.


In this passage, Jesus was asking Simon Peter if he loves Him. This was not for Jesus, but to benefit Simon Peter, in reassuring him from his denial of Jesus. Sometimes, saying things aloud and declaring things speaks truth into one's life.

Many times, we have doubts in our minds, and we sway from our decisions and our direction. Just like what Simon Peter did, we need reassurance in our lives, we need reassurance that the Lord is with us. We need to declare this in the name of Jesus, that God is in control, that we may have joy through knowing that He is with us.

Father God, I want to thank you for watching and blessing me with so much. I know that you are there, you are guiding me in all things. I declare that you are my God, and that you are in control of my life. Let me give it to you, and not of my own flesh, but of your will. I thank you Lord. Give me strength to do your will. Give me wisdom to follow you. Be with me I pray, in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: