Monday, August 18, 2008

My Father, My God

John 20:16-18
16Jesus said to her, "Mary."
She turned toward him and cried out in Aramaic, "Rabboni!" (which means Teacher).

17Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet returned to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, 'I am returning to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.' "

18Mary Magdalene went to the disciples with the news: "I have seen the Lord!" And she told them that he had said these things to her.


The Jews believed it would be blasphemy to say that God is your Father, because it would say that you are on equal to God. Here, Jesus declares to us that God is our Father, our Heavenly Father, and that we are all sons and daughters of Him.

We are all God's children. He loves us so much that He is willing to die for us. As Jesus declares, He is our Father, He is our God.

Father God, I thank you for the opportunity to declare you as my God, as my heavenly Father. I thank you that we are able to have such a close relationship. No other religions have such a connection like we do, for you are a personal God at the same time as being a Great and Mighty God. I pray for your Holy Spirit to continue to show me and grow me in living a life for you. I pray all these things in Your Holy name.
Amen.

No comments: