Saturday, August 23, 2008

The Law Shows Sin, The Lord Forgives Sin

Jeremiah 31:33-34
33 "This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel
after that time," declares the LORD.
"I will put my law in their minds
and write it on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.

34 No longer will a man teach his neighbor,
or a man his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,'
because they will all know me,
from the least of them to the greatest,"
declares the LORD.
"For I will forgive their wickedness
and will remember their sins no more."


The Lord has given His people the law, but the law only tells us what sin is. His words, show us that sin separates us from God. What it doesn't show us is how to be forgiven for this sin, to be saved.

Christ Jesus was that answer. He was this new covenant which was being spoken about. The law shows us our sins, but the Lord is the one that forgives us of our sins. He is the one that gives Salvation.

Father God, I praise your name for a new covenant. I thank you for your Son, who died on the Cross, so that my sins may be forgiven through Him. I thank you for your love for your people. I am forever in Your debt, and I give my life to you. I deserve death, yet you gave me life, and life eternal. I thank you for all this, for all the blessings, and I give you all the glory in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: