Sunday, August 24, 2008

Living Our Lives With God's Testimony

1 John 5:9-12
9We accept man's testimony, but God's testimony is greater because it is the testimony of God, which he has given about his Son. 10Anyone who believes in the Son of God has this testimony in his heart. Anyone who does not believe God has made him out to be a liar, because he has not believed the testimony God has given about his Son. 11And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.


One's own personal testimony is powerful. We all have our own testimonies, but here it says that God's testimony is greater. All our testimony leads to God's testimony; for His Son, Christ Jesus has come and died for our sins. His testimony is at the core of our Salvation.

Testimonies are powerful and strengthens ourselves and others. Nick Vujicic's testimony about living a life without arms and legs is very powerful, but His ministry does not lean on his testimony alone, but on God's. For God's testimony is at at the center of our own. We must remember His testimony in our hearts, stable and secure in our life, as well as have our own testimony, in Christ who strengthens us.

Father God, I pray for your words to come. Let your testimony resound in my life. I pray for your understanding of just how much you loved me to be at the core of my heart and life. I pray for your testimony to be everlasting. I also pray for my own testimony, that I may let others know of your presence in my life. I pray for your wisdom and guidance. I thank you, Lord, and I pray that you may be gloried in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: