Saturday, August 09, 2008

If You Believe, You Will See God's Glory

John 11:25-27
25Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; 26and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?"

27"Yes, Lord," she told him, "I believe that you are the Christ, the Son of God, who was to come into the world."

John 11:38-40
38Jesus, once more deeply moved, came to the tomb. It was a cave with a stone laid across the entrance. 39"Take away the stone," he said.
"But, Lord," said Martha, the sister of the dead man, "by this time there is a bad odor, for he has been there four days."

40Then Jesus said, "Did I not tell you that if you believed, you would see the glory of God?"


Sometimes it's tough to put all of your trust in the Lord. As humans, we find ourselves taking back what we say in action, yet we really mean it at the time. Here Martha tells Jesus that she trusts in him, yet when it comes time to rolling away the stone, she has still has doubts.

It's tough to follow up on faith when times are tough, but with the Holy Spirit, we are able to trust in the Lord and follow Him in all that we do. We need to trust that the Lord is in control.

Father God, I thank you that you are a God that loves. I thank you for your Spirit guiding me in all things. I pray for myself, that I be able to follow you in all that I do, with no doubts that you are in control. I pray for your anointing and your Spirit go fill my life. Use me to change your people. I pray all these things in Your Holy name.
Amen.

No comments: