Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Fear Of The Lord

Jeremiah 5:22
22 Should you not fear me?" declares the LORD.
"Should you not tremble in my presence?
I made the sand a boundary for the sea,
an everlasting barrier it cannot cross.
The waves may roll, but they cannot prevail;
they may roar, but they cannot cross it.


God is so powerful. He is the creator of this earth, and His power is greatly to be praised.

We need to fear the Lord, because He is not another person, but God. He has set the sands of the sea to stop the raging waves from pouring onto the land. He is the God of the Earth.

Father God, I know your awesomeness and your power in all these things. I know that you have created the earth in all that you are, so loving, yet so powerful. Let your glory shine in all things. I praise your name because of what you are, you are my God. And, I lift you up in fear, because of who you are. I thank you and praise your Holy name. In Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: