Monday, August 11, 2008

God's Purpose To Move Forward

Jeremiah 7:22-26
22 For when I brought your forefathers out of Egypt and spoke to them, I did not just give them commands about burnt offerings and sacrifices, 23 but I gave them this command: Obey me, and I will be your God and you will be my people. Walk in all the ways I command you, that it may go well with you. 24 But they did not listen or pay attention; instead, they followed the stubborn inclinations of their evil hearts. They went backward and not forward. 25 From the time your forefathers left Egypt until now, day after day, again and again I sent you my servants the prophets. 26 But they did not listen to me or pay attention. They were stiff-necked and did more evil than their forefathers.'


What I got from this passage is how God wants us to move forward, not backwards. God shows His people the way that they should live, how to walk in their lives, how to go about their ways, but the Lord said that they didn't follow these things, and how they did not listen, instead, they were going backwards, not forward.

Sometimes I think we are going backwards in the way that I live my life. Sometimes I feel that the things that I do are not bringing myself closer to God, or it is not bringing the church closer to where He wants it to be. We need to take a step back and see the things that are being done, and follow the way of the Lord, in all that He is, and let Him show us how to change our lives for the purpose that He has for us.

Father God, I want to thank you for what you are doing, and the blessings that you have blessed me with. I see all these things in my life, the people, my health, my family, my opportunities that you have blessed me with. I pray for your wisdom, and your anointing in my life. Let me go forward and not backwards in your will for me. I pray for clarity in your purpose for my life. Lead me and guide me in all that I do. I want your hand upon my life and be with me I pray in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: