Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Correct Me, Lord, And Direct My Steps

Jeremiah 10:23-24
23 I know, O LORD, that a man's life is not his own;
it is not for man to direct his steps.

24 Correct me, LORD, but only with justice—
not in your anger,
lest you reduce me to nothing.


We have all fallen short of God's standards. We all deserve to be separated from Him in Heaven. Here, Jeremiah is praying to God to not be angry with His people, because they were a wicked people.

We are a wicked people today, and God is angry that His people are lost to this world, but we are blessed to have Jesus as Our savior to this world, that we may believe in Him and have eternal life in heaven with God.

Father God, you are a just and fair God. We deserve death, yet you give us life. We have committed adultery against you so many times, yet your grace and mercy on us shows how much you love us. I want to thank you for all that you have done, how you have loved us so much. Let me live in your Spirit as you lead me. I give you all that I am. Forgive me of my sins that I may live according to your will. Let me not be for myself, but for You. I thank you again and pray this in Your Holy name.
Amen.

No comments: