Monday, August 04, 2008

Do You Want To Leave?

John 6:65-68
65He went on to say, "This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled him."

66From this time many of his disciples turned back and no longer followed him.

67"You do not want to leave too, do you?" Jesus asked the Twelve.

68Simon Peter answered him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. 69We believe and know that you are the Holy One of God."


Living for God is a tough life. It is not easy, and there will be persecution, there will be times of trouble, yet, Jesus tells us here that we must come and follow Him. Some turned away and no longer followed Him, yet He still challenges us to continue to follow Him.

Those of his disciples left and no longer followed Him. It may have been because they thought he would be the next king, or it was too hard, yet, we must continue to serve the Lord. God is with us through these times and urges us to follow Him.

Father God, I thank you for this encouraging word. Sometimes it gets tough to serve you. It does get tiresome and seems "too hard," but you still encourage us to follow you and walk in your ways. Lord, give me strength to continue to follow you and in all your ways. Holy Spirit be with me and guide me. I thank you for all these things. Continue to be with me I pray in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: