Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Any Time Is Not God's Plan

John 7:3-7
3Jesus' brothers said to him, "You ought to leave here and go to
Judea, so that your disciples may see the miracles you do. 4No one who
wants to become a public figure acts in secret. Since you are doing
these things, show yourself to the world." 5For even his own brothers
did not believe in him. 6Therefore Jesus told them, "The right time
for me has not yet come; for you any time is right. 7The world cannot
hate you, but it hates me because I testify that what it does is evil.


It's tough to think before you act. There is a place and time for everything, and here, Jesus knows that there is a place and time to do miracles. The brothers here urge Jesus to dive into the situation, yet Jesus, full of wisdom, knows that the time is not yet.

Sometimes, I don't pray enough, spend time enough, or consult God enough before I go ahead and do something. I act according to my own will. I need to follow the will of the Lord, according to His plan and His time.

Father God, I know that you have plans for everything that I do. Let me follow your plan and what is according to Your will. I pray that I be attentive to your spirit and have your wisdom in all that I do. I thank you again for this, and I give you all the glory and honor and praise in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: