Thursday, July 24, 2008

To Walk In His Righteousness

Isaiah 42:5-7

 5 This is what God the LORD says—
       he who created the heavens and stretched them out,
       who spread out the earth and all that comes out of it,
       who gives breath to its people,
       and life to those who walk on it:

 6 "I, the LORD, have called you in righteousness;
       I will take hold of your hand.
       I will keep you and will make you
       to be a covenant for the people
       and a light for the Gentiles,

 7 to open eyes that are blind,
       to free captives from prison
       and to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness.

We are a people of God, a great and mighty God, who has created this place in the heavens for us, that we are given life through His breath.  It is so awesome to see the hand of God on His people.  We are His people, and we are to walk in His ways so that He can do mighty things through and in us.

God's promises great things for His people that walk in His ways.  He has plans to use us to do great miracles throughout the nations.  He has called us into righteousness, and we have to take hold of that.

Father God, I thank you for your mighty ways.  I thank you for your goodness towards your people.  Keep us in your ways, to learn to walk in your light, so that we may be in your spirit.  I pray that you have your hands upon us, and I pray that your Spirit guide us and lead us into your righteousness.  I thank you and I pray this all in your Glory.
Amen.

No comments: