Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Jesus My Example

1 Peter 2:21-24
21To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps.
22"He committed no sin,
      and no deceit was found in his mouth."[e] 23When they hurled their insults at him, he did not retaliate; when he suffered, he made no threats. Instead, he entrusted himself to him who judges justly. 24He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed.
 

As Christians, our goal is to live a life that is pleasing and Holy to the Lord.  Like Jesus, we must be an example to show others what the good news is.

Jesus is our example.  I must follow in His ways and seek Him with all my heart.  Sometimes I may not be living the way that He wants me to live, and that is when I realize that I need Him, and to continue to live for God.

Father, I thank you for your words.  I pray that it speak into my life to change me to live more for you.  I pray that your Holy Spirit guide me in all that I do.  Let me be an example to your people, that I may also life Holy and Righteous before your eyes.  I pray for your forgiveness and for your Salvation, that I may be a new person living in Christ.  Use me in a mighty way.  I thank you for your blood and your Cross.  I give you all the worship, and all the praise, and all the glory in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: