Friday, July 25, 2008

Live According To God

1 Peter 4:3-6

3For you have spent enough time in the past doing what pagans choose to do—living in debauchery, lust, drunkenness, orgies, carousing and detestable idolatry. 4They think it strange that you do not plunge with them into the same flood of dissipation, and they heap abuse on you. 5But they will have to give account to him who is ready to judge the living and the dead. 6For this is the reason the gospel was preached even to those who are now dead, so that they might be judged according to men in regard to the body, but live according to God in regard to the spirit.


This reminds me of my friends that do not know the Lord.  They live in the ways of the world.  They try to get me to live my life according to earthly temptation, but it is with God's strength that I am able to stand firm in God's Glory.

I put my trust in the Lord.  He is my strength and my deliverer.  He is my fortress when I am weak.  When temptation comes, I have to lean on God's strength instead of my own.

Father God, I thank you for your strength, that you are always there for me.  I praise your Holy name and I give you glory.  I pray for my friends that don't know you as their Lord and Savior.  I pray for your Spirit to move in their lives.  Show yourself to them.  Let me show them how good you are and that you are the way, that Salvation only comes through You.  Lord, let me live according to your Spirit.  I pray this in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: