Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Purpose

Hebrews 13:16-17
16And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased. 17Obey your leaders and submit to their authority. They keep watch over you as men who must give an account. Obey them so that their work will be a joy, not a burden, for that would be of no advantage to you
 

Again, the Lord is working on my heart to serve, and as a servant, to be humble in all that I do, to do it for the Lord.  He shows me to continue to share to others in Love.  He shows me to do it as a pleasing sacrifice to God.

I know that I have much to grow in the Lord.  I am not perfect in many ways, but with God I can do all things.  I must not get carried away with the means and forget about the purpose of letting others know that Jesus loves them.  For me, it is to stay on the straight path, but also to remember where the path leads to, it leads to the Lord.

Father, I thank you for this passage.  Your words remind me of the purpose.  Your purpose to love others as you loved me.  Your purpose to show others that you are the way.  Lord, I pray that you continue to do a work in me and remind me why I do the things I do.  I thank you for your strength.  I pray all these things in your Holy name.
Amen.

No comments: