Thursday, July 17, 2008

By Your Spirit

Isaiah 30:1-2

1 "Woe to the obstinate children,"
       declares the LORD,
       "to those who carry out plans that are not mine,
       forming an alliance, but not by my Spirit,
       heaping sin upon sin;

 2 who go down to Egypt
       without consulting me;
       who look for help to Pharaoh's protection,
       to Egypt's shade for refuge.

This passage speaks against the stubbornness of our hearts to listen to the Lord.  He speaks to us direct our paths and to lead us into His spirit.  An 'obstinate' child is one who is unyielding or unbending to their own desires and their own direct, and not of the direction that God is leading in His people.

If we, as children of God, are childish in our ways and not listening to our Father in heaven, then we are out of His will for us.  We must listen to the Lord and hear from His words for us, leading us in His direction.  We must also humble ourselves and our hearts to be led in His ways, through His Body in Christ.

Father, I pray for your spirit to lead in a great and mighty way.  I pray for your vision and your will to be shown to us.  Let our hearts follow your spirit and let your Holy Spirit guide us to your ways.  In all that we do, I pray that it is in your Spirit and not of our own desire.  I thank you for your word.  Let it change and mold me in the way that you intended.  I thank you and give you all the glory in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: