Monday, July 07, 2008

Good To Be Near God

Psalms 73:25-28
25 Whom have I in heaven but you?
And earth has nothing I desire besides you.

26 My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever.

27 Those who are far from you will perish;
you destroy all who are unfaithful to you.

28 But as for me, it is good to be near God.
I have made the Sovereign LORD my refuge;
I will tell of all your deeds.


This is the heart of one that seeks the Lord with all their heart. They don't want anything else but God. They want to be with Him always. They NEED the Lord.

I desire to be like the writer of this psalm, making the Lord my God the center of my life, so that I may praise and always worship him. Things of this world may seem great, but it is only earthly desires, and my desire over all things is to be near God.

Father, I adore you, I praise your name and keep you at the center of my life. I want to desire nothing else but to be with you, and to have you as my God. I praise you with this passage that you have spoken to me, through your Holy Bible. I pray that I can make you my refuge, my strength, my all. I give you all the glory in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: