Sunday, July 06, 2008

Christ Jesus Today

Hebrews 3:12-14
12See to it, brothers, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. 13But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness. 14We have come to share in Christ if we hold firmly till the end the confidence we had at first.


Today is the moment that we have, always encouraging each other, building up the church that is under God, until our moment is gone, which is the day that Christ Jesus comes again. Sin is a dangerous game, and if we don't be accountable and help each other "Today", then sin can creep up on you.

This passage shows us to, not only encourage, but to build and be accountable to each other, all the time. I need to be accountable to others, as well has have others accountable for me, so that sin can not take over.

Father God, I thank you for this great word, that you may keep in my heart to be accountable as well as to have accountability. I pray for all the people in my life, that they may keep me accountable to you. I thank you for them. Let us build each other up in the Lord, continually seeking you daily. I pray this in your Holy name.
Amen.

No comments: