Wednesday, July 02, 2008

God Is Not Something I Created, He Is Above All Things

Psalms 115:2-8
2 Why do the nations say,
"Where is their God?"

3 Our God is in heaven;
he does whatever pleases him.

4 But their idols are silver and gold,
made by the hands of men.

5 They have mouths, but cannot speak,
eyes, but they cannot see;

6 they have ears, but cannot hear,
noses, but they cannot smell;

7 they have hands, but cannot feel,
feet, but they cannot walk;
nor can they utter a sound with their throats.

8 Those who make them will be like them,
and so will all who trust in them.


These people still worshiped a god that was lifeless, because they had made it with their bare hands. These people felt that they were in control of things if they make a god for themselves, one that they can serve. But, God is does not like that, because they are putting their trust in earthly things, and not in the God of the Universe.

Sometimes I put trust in myself. I figure that I can do it. I can handle things. But when things add up, I am feeling the weight of it all. God is speaking to me, saying to trust in Him. Don't be like the world and make the god of confidence in the flesh, but trust in the Lord. That is what I must do, trust in the Lord to carry me through.

Father God, I thank you for your words and I submit to you. I know that sometimes, flesh can take over, and my trust in you fades away, but let me be reminded of your greatness. I thank you for being the God of the Universe, one that I may worship. I thank you and I praise your Holy name.
Amen.

No comments: