Saturday, June 21, 2008

Trust In The Lord

2 King 6:33
33 While he was still talking to them, the messenger came down to him. And the king said, "This disaster is from the LORD. Why should I wait for the LORD any longer?"


There was a great famine in the kingdom of Israel and the king at the time comes up to Elisha and asks why he should wait for the Lord. The king is just waiting for the Lord to save him and his kingdom. He is looking to the Lord to solve the problem. His patience for the Lord is up and he is tired of waiting.

The Lord has plans for all of us. Many times we want to see results. We want to see that the Lord can instantly save and instantly solve our problems, but we have to trust in the Lord and lean not on our own will. Sometimes God may have us in a situation because he wants to build our character and mold us through trails. We have to stick with the Lord and trust that He is with us, not just a instant answer.

Father, I pray for your anointing. Have your spirit guide me in the things that I do for you. Let me live for you as a servant and disciple as how you want me to live. I pray that I be able to attest through situations with your trust, knowing that you have your hand on things. I pray that you make me into a man that you meant me to be. I thank you for these challenges and I pray that you be glorified in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: