Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Goal Is Love

1 Tim 1:3-5
3As I urged you when I went into Macedonia, stay there in Ephesus so that you may command certain men not to teach false doctrines any longer 4nor to devote themselves to myths and endless genealogies. These promote controversies rather than God's work—which is by faith. 5The goal of this command is love, which comes from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith.


The attitude comes from the heart. I know that what we do in ministry and in the Lord depends on how our heart's intent is, not what we do. We may do lots of thing, but if it isn't for a sincere and loving heart, then it is meaningless.

I must look into my life and examine my heart. I need to change my ways that have been off and get back on track to God's purpose and His will. This all starts with the love that comes from His Love.

Father, I thank you for the opportunity to love more. I know that the purpose to lead is to lead others in a loving way to see your love and mercy you have for us. I pray that you guide me in this way. Prepare my heart to serve you and teach me your ways. Set my heart to do things in a loving way I pray in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: