Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Right Blessings, Right Time

Proverbs 27:14
14 If a man loudly blesses his neighbor early in the morning,
it will be taken as a curse.


This verse spoke to me about how to go about with encouragement and blessings. It shows us that we have to do everything in a right manner and at the right time. This verse is not talking about "self" Christians who shout out praises so everyone can hear. No, this verse is talking about giving blessings to someone who is still sleeping. Even the best blessings at the wrong time could be a curse to others.

We must be wise in the way that we handle things. I know I have to think before I do things. If I say things in a wrong manner or at the wrong time, it may come off as a curse instead of a blessing. I need God's wisdom to do things correctly.

Father God, I know that you are full of wisdom and that your guidance in my life is precious to me. I pray for your ways to do things be my first thought and decision. I pray for your wisdom in how to handle things, in how to encourage and bless. I pray that your will be done in all situations. I thank you Lord, and I pray this in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: