Monday, June 02, 2008

Restrain Yourself

Proverbs 23:19-21
19 Listen, my son, and be wise,
and keep your heart on the right path.

20 Do not join those who drink too much wine
or gorge themselves on meat,

21 for drunkards and gluttons become poor,
and drowsiness clothes them in rags.


This verse talks about don't drink and eat too much, not only to take care of the body that God has given us, but much more than that. It is stating to be disciplined in yourself and build restraint.

Sometimes I have a hard time restraining myself and being disciplined in my ways. I know that it is tough to do it and that I have to fight against my flesh. God's purpose through all this is to build me up and sharpen me in all characteristics in my life.

Lord God, I thank you for your words, your great wise words that speaks truth in my life. I know that you know what is best for me. I know that you will continue to help me grow and mold me in a way that you have wanted for me. Let me build discipline in all things, not just eating and drinking, but against all things that is unpleasing to you. I thank you Lord and continue to be with me I pray in Jesus Holy name.
Amen.

No comments: