Monday, June 23, 2008

Part Of A Family

1 Tim 5:
1Do not rebuke an older man harshly, but exhort him as if he were your father. Treat younger men as brothers, 2older women as mothers, and younger women as sisters, with absolute purity.

3Give proper recognition to those widows who are really in need. 4But if a widow has children or grandchildren, these should learn first of all to put their religion into practice by caring for their own family and so repaying their parents and grandparents, for this is pleasing to God.


I believe that the Lord is speaking about family in this passage. In the literal term, he states to treat others as family in the Lord, but to care for one another as family.

Just like my real family, I also have a family in the Lord. As I should for both, I need to care for them, and be a good son or brother in the family.

Father, I thank you for your word about family. It may be my real family or my family in the Lord. I thank you for both. I know that you have blessed me abundantly and have given me great loving people in my life. I thank you so much for that. I pray that I be able to take care of them and to be a good witness on behalf of my heavenly Father. I thank you and pray this in your Holy name.
Amen.

No comments: