Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Give Gladly

2 Chron 24:9-12
9 A proclamation was then issued in Judah and Jerusalem that they should bring to the LORD the tax that Moses the servant of God had required of Israel in the desert. 10 All the officials and all the people brought their contributions gladly, dropping them into the chest until it was full. 11 Whenever the chest was brought in by the Levites to the king's officials and they saw that there was a large amount of money, the royal secretary and the officer of the chief priest would come and empty the chest and carry it back to its place. They did this regularly and collected a great amount of money. 12 The king and Jehoiada gave it to the men who carried out the work required for the temple of the LORD. They hired masons and carpenters to restore the LORD's temple, and also workers in iron and bronze to repair the temple.


What comes to mind when reading this passage is the heart of the people who are giving. It said they came and gave gladly.

This is the heart that we should have, to give cheerfully and gladly. They were giving so that the Lord's temple could be repaired. In the same way, we should give gladly so that we can further the Kingdom of the Lord.

Father, I want to thank you for opportunities to give back to you. I know sometimes my heart is not doing it cheerfully, but do a work in me. I want to give gladly with all of my heart. I know that you are looking at the heart and how our heart is. I thank you for blessing me so much. I give you all the praise in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: