Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A New Generation Filled In His Spirit

Joel 2:28-29
28 "And afterward,
I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
your old men will dream dreams,
your young men will see visions.

29 Even on my servants, both men and women,
I will pour out my Spirit in those days.


Joel is speaking of the Holy Spirit in this time. He is predicting a new generation, a generation where all are filled with His Holy Spirit. In the age that Joel is in, only certain people are prophets and worked in the Spirit, but he declares that the generations to come will be able to prophesy and dream dreams.

That generation is here. The time has come for all to be filled with God's Spirit and to move in His will. We need the Holy Spirit to work in our lives, to move us and empower us to fulfill God's plans. This generation is going to take things to the next level.

Father God, this generation is a new generation that can prophesy and dream dreams in the name of Jesus. Let your Holy Spirit fill your people to move this world into a time to declare you as Lord. I pray for your anointing on your people, to bless them and have mercy on the wicked, to pour your Spirit on them, and to use them in a mighty way. I thank you Lord, and with all the glory goes to a Great and Might God.
Amen.

No comments: