Sunday, June 08, 2008

How To Build Others Up

Eph 4:29-32
29Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. 30And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. 32Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.


As a leader, I must be living a life that does not cause anyone else to stumble, but to build others up in Christ. I know that this passage shows me how to do these things. It is so that we may live together as a united Body of Christ.

I must not cause others to stumble through the ways that I go about handling things and how I act to those I am leading and others. I must show compassion and take the lead in what God wants so that others may follow. It is influence that is pleasing to God.

Father, I thank you for your love for me and others while in sin. I thank you for building me up as a leader so that I may lead others in You. I pray that I may be able to show others the path, not causing others to stumble, but to live a life that is fulfilling in Christ. I pray that you change me and refine me in this way. I know that it is going to be though, but I know that you will be with me through this. I thank you and pray this in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: