Monday, June 16, 2008

Heart To Obey

1 King 17:2-6
2 Then the word of the LORD came to Elijah: 3 "Leave here, turn eastward and hide in the Kerith Ravine, east of the Jordan. 4 You will drink from the brook, and I have ordered the ravens to feed you there."

5 So he did what the LORD had told him. He went to the Kerith Ravine, east of the Jordan, and stayed there. 6 The ravens brought him bread and meat in the morning and bread and meat in the evening, and he drank from the brook.


When I first read this passage, it would remind me of how God would provide for His people, but when you dig deeper into God's words, it speaks of how obedient Elijah was to the Lord. When told to go somewhere, he did it. He didn't know what was to come, or why to do it, but he did it without questions.

Sometimes my relationship with God is about reason, that there must be a reason for what he does, there must be a notion behind the things that go on, but God is speaking here that I must learn to obey. It is the heart of obedience that God is looking for. I may be doing things, but I may question the motives. God looks for one that will do His will by trusting in Him.

Father, I pray that I may trust you more with your will. I pray that I have a more obedient heart to submit to your will. Lord, I thank you for you are a God that knows all things and you know what you want to do, so I pray that I may trust in You. I thank you for your words and I pray that I keep this in my heart. I pray all these in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: