Friday, June 13, 2008

God Has Mercy On Us

2 Chron 12:5-7
5 Then the prophet Shemaiah came to Rehoboam and to the leaders of Judah who had assembled in Jerusalem for fear of Shishak, and he said to them, "This is what the LORD says, 'You have abandoned me; therefore, I now abandon you to Shishak.' "

6 The leaders of Israel and the king humbled themselves and said, "The LORD is just."

7 When the LORD saw that they humbled themselves, this word of the LORD came to Shemaiah: "Since they have humbled themselves, I will not destroy them but will soon give them deliverance. My wrath will not be poured out on Jerusalem through Shishak.


Israelites deserve to be punished for the evil things that they did, yet as they humbled their hearts to the Lord, the Lord had mercy on them. A lot of people can't understand that God is a just God and He has to punish us for evil. But the good news is that Jesus saved us from this punishment.

This just attests to God's goodness. He is a loving God, one who sent His only son to save us. it is just a reminder of the things that this God of the Universe has blessed us with.

Father, I thank you for the love that you have shown us. I thank you for Jesus on a great Cross. If it weren't for you, then I would be separated from you, but I thank you for your mercy. I pray that I continue to remember your goodness. I thank you and pray this in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: