Wednesday, June 11, 2008

God's Words Preached In Love

Phillip 1:15-18
15It is true that some preach Christ out of envy and rivalry, but others out of goodwill. 16The latter do so in love, knowing that I am put here for the defense of the gospel. 17The former preach Christ out of selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing that they can stir up trouble for me while I am in chains. 18But what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice.


Paul speaks about the heart of the message and how there are different motives behind people that share God's message. Though it is important to share God's words with others, the issue is the heart of it.

We should always share God's words in Love. Just like Jesus, we must show love to those that don't know Christ. It is in love that we share the gospel to others.

Father God, I thank you for your grace and mercy on me for I am a sinner. I do wrong and am not worthy to be in your Holy Spirit, but only through your Love for me can I do so. I am blessed to serving you and I pray that I may serve you with a loving heart. I pray that my motive be love and for others to know your through a loving heart. I thank you for this passage to remind me of that and I need to continue to work in this. I thank you and praise you in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: