Thursday, June 05, 2008

Away From Temptation And Satisfied In You

Proverbs 30:7-9
7 "Two things I ask of you, O LORD;
do not refuse me before I die:

8 Keep falsehood and lies far from me;
give me neither poverty nor riches,
but give me only my daily bread.

9 Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you
and say, 'Who is the LORD ?'
Or I may become poor and steal,
and so dishonor the name of my God.


This is such an awesome prayer of humility. It doesn't mean that God does not bless us with so much, but it is a prayer to humble the heart and to live a life that is satisfied with what God has blessed us with. It is to know that we are human and that we are capable of facing more sin if put in certain situations.

I need to humble my heart and my life like how it is prayed here. I know that God will provide. He is the great and powerful God of the Universe, He can provide for even the birds in the air, so much more He can provide for the one He died for. Let that be my prayer, to be contempt with my daily bread; to be satisfied with You.

Father, I thank you for your Love for me and the blessings you have poured over my life. I know that you are a loving God who cares for His children. Let me be humbled before you in prayer as I read through your words and receive breath in my life through it. I pray for a satisfaction for your daily bread and that I may continue to seek you daily. I know that I am human, and pray against temptation and sin. I thank you for being with me I pray for forgiveness of my faults and repent from my sins, that I may turn away from it, and be living a life pleasing to you. I thank you Lord and pray this in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: