Sunday, May 11, 2008

Trust In God Through Our Troubles

Psalms 55:12-14
12 If an enemy were insulting me,
I could endure it;
if a foe were raising himself against me,
I could hide from him.

13 But it is you, a man like myself,
my companion, my close friend,

14 with whom I once enjoyed sweet fellowship
as we walked with the throng at the house of God.



This verse speaks of the harshness of reality and the world. In this instance, David's feeling of betrayal from those that he finds close to him is grave to the point of crying to the Lord. Sometimes, our enemies will be those that are closest to us, but the Lord is good and we can trust in Him.

We need to trust in you in all things. It would be the worst to be betrayed by your closest friend or brother, but you said to trust in You. You will deal with our enemies and our problems.

Father, I thank you for this verse that you are speaking to me about. I know that being betrayed is one of the worst feelings in the world. I know that we can stumble in our lives through tough times, but you promised us to take care of it. You promised us, if we trust in you, we will be set free from all these troubles. So Lord, I trust in you. I give all my troubles to you and I know that you will take care of it. I give you praises in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: