Friday, May 09, 2008

Spending Beautiful Time With God

Matt 26:8-13
8When the disciples saw this, they were indignant. "Why this waste?" they asked. 9"This perfume could have been sold at a high price and the money given to the poor."

10Aware of this, Jesus said to them, "Why are you bothering this woman? She has done a beautiful thing to me. 11The poor you will always have with you, but you will not always have me. 12When she poured this perfume on my body, she did it to prepare me for burial. 13I tell you the truth, wherever this gospel is preached throughout the world, what she has done will also be told, in memory of her."


As Jesus says, the woman who poured the perfume on Him has done a beautiful thing. He was spending the time that she had with Jesus as He was on earth. Jesus wants us to spend time with Him, the time that we spend with Him is beautiful in God's eyes.

We need to be in God's presence. As we spend time with Him, He will be pleased with it. God delights in the time with Him.

Father, I thank you for this word from you. I know that you are wanting to spend time with us. It is tough with all of the things that goes on in life, but let me spend that time to quiet myself and spend it with you. I pray that it may be a beautiful time in your presence. In your Holy name.
Amen.

No comments: