Monday, May 12, 2008

Prayer To The Spirit

2 Sam 23:1-5
1 These are the last words of David:
"The oracle of David son of Jesse,
the oracle of the man exalted by the Most High,
the man anointed by the God of Jacob,
Israel's singer of songs [a] :

2 "The Spirit of the LORD spoke through me;
his word was on my tongue.

3 The God of Israel spoke,
the Rock of Israel said to me:
'When one rules over men in righteousness,
when he rules in the fear of God,

4 he is like the light of morning at sunrise
on a cloudless morning,
like the brightness after rain
that brings the grass from the earth.'

5 "Is not my house right with God?
Has he not made with me an everlasting covenant,
arranged and secured in every part?
Will he not bring to fruition my salvation
and grant me my every desire?


David was a mighty man exulted by the Lord. His heart was one after the Lord's heart, and as we come into a time to seek God's heart, we can learn a lot from the life of David. Through his prayer, the Spirit of the Lord spoke through him, just like it was on his tongue.

This passage from David is really inspiring to just draw closer to the Lord. I need to let the Lord speak through me and to use me. It is like a lasting relationship with the Lord, and all that He does will draw you close to Him.

Heavenly Father, Lord of my life, I give you honor and glory. I want to praise you in all that I am, so that you will be lifted up. I want to praise your name and just seek your face. I want to know your heart, so that you may do a work in my life. I want to glorify you, so that your glory shines in my life. You are the Lord, my God, whom I trust, and I want to KNOW you. I want to be right before you, Lord, and be made in your own image. I want to have the heart that you wanted me to have. Make me anew in your ways. Let that be my prayer in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: