Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Through Christ, I Will Never Be Shaken

Psalm 30:6-10
6 When I felt secure, I said,
"I will never be shaken."

7 O LORD, when you favored me,
you made my mountain [c] stand firm;
but when you hid your face,
I was dismayed.

8 To you, O LORD, I called;
to the Lord I cried for mercy:

9 "What gain is there in my destruction, [d]
in my going down into the pit?
Will the dust praise you?
Will it proclaim your faithfulness?

10 Hear, O LORD, and be merciful to me;
O LORD, be my help."


There are so many times that I feel the way David feels in this psalm. Whenever we stand on ourselves, we feel that we can hold on to God, but we must always remember to trust in Him. We must remember God's mercy for what he does for us.

When I think that I am secure in the Lord, I must humble myself and remember that it is only through the strength of God that I am standing firm. He is merciful and graceful. I will praise Him for all that He does.

Father, I love you Lord, and I praise your name. I know that you are my rock. Even when I acknowledge your strength, let me keep leaning on You. I pray that I never leave my trust from You. I want to keep humble before you and rely on your strength and not my own. I thank you Lord, and I pray all this in Your Holy name.
Amen.

No comments: