Saturday, May 31, 2008

True Friends

Proverbs 17:17
17 A friend loves at all times,
and a brother is born for adversity.


Here God is talking about true friendship. There are so many "fake" friends that people have, including myself, that would not really be considered true friendship. They may be acquaintances, or just friends, which is good and all, but it does not compare to true friends. This verse contrasts true friends with fake friends that are suppose to be real friends in your life. They are the ones that are there through thick and thin and will be there for you. Also, they are the ones that will tell you the truth because they care for you.

Let the Lord change me to be a true friend to those around me. Also to show me who my true friends are compared to those who are "fake". I need to be true friends to those that need me and those that can count on me.

Father God, I thank you for my friends that I have. I know that they have blessed me in so many ways. I pray that I may be a true friend to others, that I do not quit on them or be fake in any way. I also pray that my friends are friends that are real to me, that I know will be there for me. I thank you for these people. I know that you will bless them so much. I thank you Lord, and pray this in Jesus Holy name.
Amen.

No comments: