Friday, May 30, 2008

Not Works But Grace

Romans 11:5-6
5So too, at the present time there is a remnant chosen by grace. 6And if by grace, then it is no longer by works; if it were, grace would no longer be grace.


God's love and salvation is only by His grace. We don't deserve it and nothing we can do can earn it. But God's love for us was shown with the death of His Son on the cross for our sin, so that we may connect with Him.

This passage is so great and it reminds me that I can do nothing, but it was all the Father who gave, even though I was still in sin. I know that His love for me is great and that I don't have to do, do, do, but remember that He loves me, not from me doing anything, but just because He does.

Father God, I thank you for your love for me. I know that you loved me even before I was born. I know that you loved me so much, that when your Son died for me, You were thinking of me. I thank you for your grace. I know that I am a sinner, but because You love me, I am not bound by sin, but brought into salvation. I thank you so much. I give you all the praise in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: