Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Seeking Wisdom

Proverbs 8:10-14
10 Choose my instruction instead of silver,
knowledge rather than choice gold,

11 for wisdom is more precious than rubies,
and nothing you desire can compare with her.

12 "I, wisdom, dwell together with prudence;
I possess knowledge and discretion.

13 To fear the LORD is to hate evil;
I hate pride and arrogance,
evil behavior and perverse speech.

14 Counsel and sound judgment are mine;
I have understanding and power.


Wisdom is an essential characteristic that Jesus and God wants to shape in us. Wisdom is much more than wealth, because wealth can not purchase character, and it can not buy yourself a relationship with God, to seek after that which God wants for you and that which is eternal.

To seek God is to know Him and to be like Him. God shows favor in us and gives us wisdom and a discerning heart. I want to seek after these things more than precious gold or silver. I know that my character that follows God is worth way more than any thing money can buy.

Father, I know that you love me and I know that you have great plans for me, plans to prosper and abundant in life. I pray right now that I may seek after you and after your wisdom that you blessed me with. I pray that I use it in a way that is pleasing in your eyes. Let me be a vessel in which you may have me lead others. I thank you for all these blessings and it is an honor to give you all the praise. In Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: