Thursday, May 15, 2008

Through Christ I Am Made Anew

1 Thess 4:13-14
13Brothers, we do not want you to be ignorant about those who fall asleep, or to grieve like the rest of men, who have no hope. 14We believe that Jesus died and rose again and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him.


There has always been something inside of me that shows me to God. This part of me knows that I am more than what I seem to be, because Christ has made me new and has made a purpose for me. I am not like those without hope, because my hope is in Christ Jesus.

This verse reminds me of others. It makes my heart sink when others "grieve like the rest of men" who don't know Jesus. The Lord has come to give salvation, and salvation is for the whole, making me new in all things, so that my life does not lead to death. I don't need to grieve that life sucks, because through Jesus, life is purposeful and made new.

Father, I thank you for these Holy words of yours. I know that it has spoken to me that for a heart towards others. I know that those who don't know you are sheep without a shepard. I pray that those people will come to know you and fulfill the life that you have them to have. I pray that you use me in your ways and also make me anew so that I may grow to be the person that you meant me to be. I thank you for everything and I pray this in your Awesome name.
Amen.

No comments: