Friday, May 16, 2008

T5+: Surprise By God's Call

Do you know anyone called to ministry? Some people experience that call from the time they are very young. Other people, however, get established in another career before God speaks to them about full-time service.
Amos answered Amaziah, "I was neither a prophet nor a prophet's son, but I was a shepherd, and I also took care of sycamore-fig trees. But the Lord took me from tending the flock and said to me, 'Go, prophesy to my people Israel'" (Amos 7:14)

God has every right to call a person into the ministry. He created us in the first place. He gave His Son so everyone who believes in Him can receive eternal life. Since everything we have come from Him, He has the right to "surprise" individuals as He surprised Amos.

Those who receive His calling may be both surprised and a little scared, wondering how they'll move into a life of ministry. However, the god who calls us can be trusted to work out the details. keep your life open to hearing the voice of God leading you in whatever direction He chooses. he can use you powerfully, whether He works through you on staff in a church or in some other career.

We need to give God the attention in prayer. We shouldn't just talk to Him, but spend time in listening to Him speak to us. I need to spend more time doing that, so that God may speak to me. I need to open up myself for His to speak so that I can better know His will.

Father, I thank you for your love and your grace and mercy. I know that you have plans for me, plans to prosper me. I trust in your ways and I pray that I may open up my life for your change to happen. I pray that I may seek you and listen to your words so that you may direct me in your ways. I pray all these in Jesus Holy name.
Amen.

No comments: