Wednesday, May 07, 2008

T5+: Wisdom of the Elders

Most cultures hold the advice of their elders in very high regard. Young people go to an older person for wisdom and guidance in all areas of their lives. This is the offer of an organization called Elder Wisdom Circle. According to their Web site, the organization is made up of senior citizens from all over North America who answer requests for advice. it's like having a cyber grandparent to go to for help on everything from relationships to money problems.

Sadly, not all young people value the advice and wisdom of elders.
The king answered the people harshly. Rejecting the advice given him by the elders (1 King 12:13).

King Rehoboam's choice cost him dearly. Because he didn't listen to the wisdom of his elders, much of his kingdom rejected him as king.

God has placed elders in your life to help guide you into making good decisions. They've experienced and learned from life; you can learn from their successes and failures. The catch is that you have to ask them for the advice and then choose to take it. Think about the people you know who are older than you. Consider what you can learn from them.

There are so many elders that I look up to and that I have been mentored by that I may go to when I need advice. Aside from the Lord God, He has placed people in my life that I may be covered under.

Father God, I thank you for my elders. These people are such as my parents, Pastor Ray, Delray, Danford, Dustin, and any other people that you have placed in my life. I thank you for them, and I know you have blessed me so much through them. Continue to put Godly people in my life and use them to guide me in your will. I thank you for this word that you have spoken to me and I give you all the praise and glory in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: