Monday, May 05, 2008

Jesus Paid For Us

Matt 22:17-22
17Tell us then, what is your opinion? Is it right to pay taxes to Caesar or not?"

18But Jesus, knowing their evil intent, said, "You hypocrites, why are you trying to trap me? 19Show me the coin used for paying the tax." They brought him a denarius, 20and he asked them, "Whose portrait is this? And whose inscription?"

21"Caesar's," they replied.
Then he said to them, "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's, and to God what is God's."

22When they heard this, they were amazed. So they left him and went away.


Jesus showed them through an object lesson of paying taxes, but the scripture speaks more truth than just taxes. Jesus shows that Caesar is instilled in the coin, just like how Jesus is instilled in our lives.

Because we have Jesus in our lives, we should be like living sacrifices to Him. We should give of ourselves to the Lord Jesus Christ. He has bought us with His blood and redeemed us for salvation.

Father, I love you Lord with all my heart and soul and mind. I know that you are a gracious God and that you have sacrificed your Son Christ Jesus for us. I thank you for your blood. Let my life be yours because I owe it to you. I give it to you as a living sacrifice. Use me in your will I pray in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: