Saturday, May 03, 2008

A Servant's Heart

Matt 20:25-28
25Jesus called them together and said, "You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority over them. 26Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, 27and whoever wants to be first must be your slave— 28just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many."


Jesus uses the object lesson of slavery to point out the importance of humility. Like slaves, we must be willing to humble ourselves before the Lord and submit to the will of the Father. Jesus showed us this by His ultimate example on the cross, going even till death.

I must have the humility to humble myself before the Lord and to serve Him like a servant serves His master. It is with the heart that God wants us to do His will. I believe that our hearts intent to serve shows that we are able to be humble in God's eyes.

Father, Lord God Almighty, I know that you are the Lord of my life. I state that you are the God of all and the God of all that is to come. Take over in my life. I give my life to you. Let all things that I do be humble and be pleasing to you. I pray against anything that is not pleasing to you. Let my heart have a heart after your own. Let not self and flesh overcome the will I have to serve you. I pray that you be with me and bless me in this area of my life. I give you praise and glory in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: