Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Love The Lord, Hate Evil

Psalms 97:10
10 Let those who love the LORD hate evil,
for he guards the lives of his faithful ones
and delivers them from the hand of the wicked.


This is the degree that we must feel against that the Lord does not like. Sin and evil can not be in the presence of God, and as one who follows Christ, we should also hate that which is evil.

We must hate that which is evil and sinful. We should not indulge in the fact of it or play with the situation of sin, but to hate it like how God hates sin. We should not even want to be tempted by it so that we may not falter in the way of the Lord.

Father, let my heart be like you heart. I pray against all these things which may cause me to sin against you. Lord, I pray that the heart of mines hate all these wickedness and guard my heart against such things. I thank you Lord for being with me and guiding me through tough times. I pray for forgiveness for my sins and for not hating such evil things, and I pray for your blood of forgiveness. I thank you Lord for your grace and your mercy. I pray this in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: