Thursday, May 22, 2008

Conscious Of My Sin

Romans 3:19-20
19Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be silenced and the whole world held accountable to God. 20Therefore no one will be declared righteous in his sight by observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin.


God's law is there to show us how much we need Jesus as our Lord and Savior. The law does not show us that we are above it, because no one is above the law, but how far away we are from it. It shows us our flaws, our sins, and that we need Jesus.

I know that I am a sinner. I am not righteous in the sight of God. It is only by His grace and mercy that I am able to come before the Lord and proclaim His goodness. It is only through Christ Jesus that I have salvation.

Father, I want to thank you for your love for me. Only you could send a perfect Son to a sinful world to die for us. I know that you are Lord of all and that it is by your grace and mercy that I can come to you. I thank you Lord for showing me my faults. Let me turn away from my sins and come to you saved through Christ. I thank you and praise your name in Jesus Holy name I pray.
Amen.

No comments: