Saturday, April 12, 2008

T5+: The Lord Will Sustain

Michelle's parents lost their jobs and their insurance during her freshman year of high school. The family was living on limited finances and didn't have many options when it came to medical care. It was during this time her mom needed special medical attention. It was a rough time on their family relationships, their finances, and even their faith. Everything was stressful. Everything seemed to be tested during this period of their lives.

In a desperate time of counseling, their pastor shared with them that God understood the situation and would always take care of the less fortunate. He promises to look after the physical concerns of the needy.
The Lord will sustain him on his sickbed and restore him from his bed of illness (Psalm 41:3).

God is aware of all financial problems. He can provide the needed finances, the needed insurance, or the supernatural healing to eliminate the problem. He is in control.

Michelle's family walked with God during the difficult situation. Medicines were made available and the condition was dealt with in a timely matter. In the end, it wasn't just the outcome of the medical situation they were thankful for but the reality that God walked with them along the way.

We struggle to trust God in our situations of need because we lack the faith that comes with what He has promised us. He has promised to take care of us, to give us life and life to the fullest. We need to put our faith in Him and know that He will answer our prayers.

Father, I pray that my faith be full enough to move mountains. I know that you are there in my life and I know that you will do something in my life and the lives that you will touch through me. I already see what you have done and I give you all the glory and praises for that. I pray that you continue to use me and let me faith in you expand. I thank you and pray all these things in your Holy name.
Amen.

No comments: