Wednesday, April 16, 2008

T5+: A Chance To Live

As a gunman massacred students at Virginia Tech, engineering professor Liviu Librescu blocked the door to his classroom with his body. The professor's bravery cost him his life, but his sacrifice bought a little extra time that allowed some students to escape by jumping out classroom windows.
Great is your love toward me; you have delivered me from the depths of the grave (Psalm 86:13)

More than 2,000 years ago, another man died to deliver people from certain death. That man was Jesus. His death and resurrection afforded humanity the opportunity not only to escape death but also to live with Him forever.

To take advantage of this wonderful opportunity, people must ask Jesus to be the Forgiver of their sins and the Leader of their lives. Those who refuse to take these steps waste the opportunity Jesus has given them, and as a result they plunge themselves into never-ending death.

Probably, the most significant thing in my life is the love my parent show me through raising me up and sacrificing so much to me so that I may live a good life. They are good, and how much greater is our Lord Jesus Christ, that He has sacrificed His life for me so that I may life forever with Him.

Father, I thank you for this great gift that you have given to me. Lord, I thank you for the sacrifice that you have made for me. I pray that I may have a heart of sacrifice like you. I pray that I may be able to hear your words and your voice and live a life that you want me to live. I give you all the glory in Your Holy name.
Amen.

No comments: