Tuesday, April 15, 2008

God Is With Us In Victory

1 Sam 17:24-26
24 When the Israelites saw the man, they all ran from him in great fear.

25 Now the Israelites had been saying, "Do you see how this man keeps coming out? He comes out to defy Israel. The king will give great wealth to the man who kills him. He will also give him his daughter in marriage and will exempt his father's family from taxes in Israel."

26 David asked the men standing near him, "What will be done for the man who kills this Philistine and removes this disgrace from Israel? Who is this uncircumcised Philistine that he should defy the armies of the living God?"


The courage of the Lord is on David. Even when all the people of Israel were afraid of this person Goliath, David had the courage of the Lord. He knew that God would be there and that His victory is already won.

We need to put our trust in the Lord our God. He has already won the battle and has given us our victory. We do not need to be afraid of anything that comes through because God is with us.

Father, I thank you for this time of just glorifying you. Your words give you glory and honor because it shows how great of a God you are. Lord, I pray that I may trust in you like how David trusted in you. I know that your words will be with me, that your spirit will go with me through battle. I thank you for all of these and I pray this in Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: