Sunday, April 27, 2008

Jesus Keeps Me From Sinking

Matt 14:25-33
25During the fourth watch of the night Jesus went out to them, walking on the lake. 26When the disciples saw him walking on the lake, they were terrified. "It's a ghost," they said, and cried out in fear.

27But Jesus immediately said to them: "Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid."

28"Lord, if it's you," Peter replied, "tell me to come to you on the water."

29"Come," he said.

Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. 30But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, "Lord, save me!"

31Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. "You of little faith," he said, "why did you doubt?"

32And when they climbed into the boat, the wind died down. 33Then those who were in the boat worshiped him, saying, "Truly you are the Son of God."


This passages speaks mounds of breath to my life. So many times I feel fired-up for the Lord. I feel like I could walk towards God on water, but many times we start to sink and fall and need Him to rescue us.

I am a fallen sheep, saved by the grace of God. Many times I feel like I am sinking in water. I know that God is there to hold out his hand and save me. I need to put my faith in Him all the time.

Father, I thank you for this life of blessing. I know that you are the God of all the things and that you are Lord over my life. I pray that my life is focused on you. I don't want the wind or anything else to cause me to sink. Let me focus myself on you and you alone. I thank you for this encouragement and I pray that you be with me, bless me, and help me move forward towards you. In Jesus name I pray.
Amen.

No comments: