Monday, April 28, 2008

Heart Close To Him

Matt 15:
3Jesus replied, "And why do you break the command of God for the sake of your tradition? 4For God said, 'Honor your father and mother' and 'Anyone who curses his father or mother must be put to death.' 5But you say that if a man says to his father or mother, 'Whatever help you might otherwise have received from me is a gift devoted to God,' 6he is not to 'honor his father' with it. Thus you nullify the word of God for the sake of your tradition. 7You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you:
8" 'These people honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
9They worship me in vain;
their teachings are but rules taught by men.'"


The things that we say or the actions that we do mean little compared to the heart that we have to God. He wants us to have our hearts close to Him, to really know Him more than just a God, but to have a relationship with Him.

I know that the Lord God is the God of all things, and that he wants more than just actions and words, but a heart for Him. I need to have a heart to Love the Lord with my all.

Father, I thank you for your Love for me. I know that you are the God that desires to know me. I pray for a heart close to you and to desire to know you more and more every single day. I pray that I keep that desire to have a heart after your own. I pray all these in your Holy name.
Amen.

No comments: