Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Bind and Loose

Matt 16:16-20
16Simon Peter answered, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."

17Jesus replied, "Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by man, but by my Father in heaven. 18And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. 19I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven." 20Then he warned his disciples not to tell anyone that he was the Christ.


Jesus gives us authority to bind and loose. This means that, in Christ, we have the authority that He has given to us to spread the good news about Jesus and establish His kingdom here on earth. His words are ever changing and he has allowed us to bind and loose His authority.

We must remember the spiritual authority that Jesus has passed on to us. We are not timid low-level humans that no not and have not anything, but we have the power of Christ Jesus. We have His authority in all of heaven and earth to speak the truth of His life to others.

Father, I want to thank you for your love and for your power that you have established through me. I pray for your anointing and of your wisdom and grace to be a servant for you. I pray, in your Spirit, to be able to bind and loose all things in Christ Jesus. Let your kingdom expand and let others know of your love for them. I pray all these in your Holy name.
Amen.

No comments: